- Company culture: People prefer to work for an organisation having a great culture. Employees want to work in a positive environment where they learn new things. As a hiring manager try to highlight company values to the candidate.
- Offer flexibility: Relocation is a big decision for the candidates. Offering flexibility makes it easy. Be flexible with dates and office hours for the initial period.
- Benefits: Offering more benefits like relocation bonus, joining bonus, helps with accommodation can attract candidates to join the organisation. As a hiring manager, be ready to negotiate on the financial part.
Thursday 30 March 2023
Tuesday 28 March 2023
- Shortlisting criteria: Decide the criteria as per job description and stick to the criteria while looking at the resume. Criteria can contain educational level, years of experience, language fluency, location.
- Create a matrix: Design the matrix with mandatory criteria and technical skills, notice period etc and take decision based on the matrix.
- Intimation to candidates: Notify the shortlisted candidates with congratulation message and further actions or process. Also, rejected candidates should be informed with the valid reason.
Monday 27 March 2023
Friday 24 March 2023
Wednesday 22 March 2023
Monday 20 March 2023
Why to do hard work when you can perform smart work with the help of software? Now a days, smart work is preferred over the hard work. Same applies to the HR industry also.
Use of automation, makes your life easy and in turn you invest more time in doing more productive tasks. HR software helps you to shortlisting of the candidates, automate replies to the candidates, tracking of interviews, performance in the interviews etc.
Here are the most important benefits of using the software in HR industry.
- Less paperwork: Use of automation reduces paperwork which indirectly saves environment and reduce your work as well.
- Data driven decision: Automation helps maintaining and analysing large amount of data in few seconds. That provides pointers to take data driven decisions.
- Easy for employees: A lot of pre-boarding and post-boarding activities can be simplified by Automation. That makes life of employee easy and maintains consistency across different branches.
- Security: Automation maintains security of the data. Employee’s data is very much secured with the software as it has password protection and limited access. Its very important at the time of onboarding and off-boarding employees.
HR data plays a critical role in shaping business strategy. And hence automation helps to increase your overall business performance too!
Sunday 19 March 2023
- Greet the candidate: When reciting a recruitment pitch, you are approaching them because you found their profiles interesting. If you greet them in the beginning, it will give a friendly touch to your discussion. This ads personalisation that will capture candidates’ attention.
- Company background: This part can help the candidate to understand about the company and to decide whether it would be a good fit for them. Highlighting good things about the company helps the candidate to take decision.
- Finish it with the call to action: While ending the conversation, thank candidates for their valuable time and inform them further steps. Call to action can include taking an email confirmation, steps to schedule the interview etc.
Wednesday 15 March 2023
- Use automation: Traditional onboarding practices will sound little dry. Use of automate forms, automated reminders for document submission, video trainings, policy education will create a great impact on candidates and can be saved for future use as well.
- Personalise the experience: Personalised gifts can be sent to their addresses before their date of joining with some creative note on it.
- Keep their first day anxiety free: Be it fresher or experienced people they will always be excited for their new job. Cloud based office access, security protocols can ruin their excitement. Keep it simple for them.
- Introduction: Introduce with their team personally. Also, encourage other employees to introduce themselves.
Monday 13 March 2023
- Start looking beyond famous institutes: Many recruiters have the point of view that students from well-known institutes have more knowledge. But if you follow this approach, you will miss the great talent. Different sourcing websites or social media can be used to source candidates.
- Prefer transferable skills: These are the skills that are not limited to the specific industry such as communication, management, problem-solving etc. Transferable skills can be identified by giving real client scenarios during the interview.
- Be creative with search terms: More common method is to use the job title as a keyword. But if you only use the job title as the keyword, then you will get limited candidates. Try other keywords which are related to the industry as well. There could be typing errors in skills. So always try different combinations of spellings.
Sunday 12 March 2023
This is a typical and frequent occurrence that repeats in the life of a recruiter. Furthermore, feeling under pressure from another department to fill such positions can be quite upsetting.
Here, communication and responsiveness are the first two important factors.
These are a few explanations for the candidates' lack of response to your calls. Look at that!
They might be unavailable when you call: Please research the candidate's industry, employer, and work hours before calling. It's more likely they won't answer the phone if you call them during business hours. In our opinion, the optimum time to call will be between 1 and 2 in the afternoon, or between 5:30 and 8:00 in the evening, or on their day off. Just ask them whether it's a good time to chat if you're calling them during the workday. Then carry on with the conversation.
Talk gently on the phone: Before making a call, thoroughly grasp the JD and be ready with the company profile, industry, designation, and job responsibilities. Talk clearly and slowly. Allow the candidate to also speak. As a recruiter, you need to sale the open position to the candidate. How will you sell the job if you are not communicating it very well.
Last but just not the least, have the questions you want to ask the candidate prepared. You'll find it useful when speaking with the candidate.
For exclusive Recruitment hacks, follow AideWiser now!
Friday 10 March 2023
- Listen more speak less: The most effective method of communication is active listening. Great listeners make candidates to feel comfortable, relaxed and confident.
- Ask follow-up questions: One way to maintain lively communication is to ask follow-up questions.. Asking follow-up questions send signals to speaker that you are interested.
- Prefer open-ended questions: Open ended questions give more chance to speak rather than Yes, no questions. You will learn about a candidate's motivation, aspirations, worries, etc.
Tuesday 7 March 2023
Sunday 5 March 2023
Thursday 2 March 2023
- Thank you note!
- Award functions
- Special benefits